18 December 2008

T-minus-36 hours...

Mom's coming in tomorrow. I'll need to remember to get that coat from Darlene before I go and grab the ones here. Need to get Kath's phone number and make sure I have a map and a shovel (you know, just in case there are stupid kids trying to pass me on the winter roads again) for bailing tires out of snow. I have learned that I love winter driving, but even the best driver is up sh** creek if they're not prepared.

There are outstanding bills, gift-shopping still to be done, money to come in and I'm just trying to ride the tide. It's tight and I've little room to complain as I quit a good-paying job and moved to a lesser-paying job to keep my sanity (and protect the well-being and ears of my family), but K and I are feeling the pinch. I'm not panicked by any means, unlike years in the past, though, which is good; and I think all the years of living each day as your last has come into balance with wiser thinking, financial sensibility. (NOT saying money is important, just knowing how to manage it.) It's one thing to learn the important, powerful life lesson of realizing life is precious, but it's completely another to learn it at an immature age and taking it to the extreme--either by neglecting finances or by allowing emotion to override everything.

I have to work today and I am also stepping in this afternoon to rehearse with the elementary kids for their concert as the other accompanist double-booked himself and pawned the non-paying, adult-less gig this way. I want to get chicken in the crock pot for K and the girls so they don't have to worry about fixing supper. Get the last bit of laundry done, get cleaned up, get the blanket and seat covers out to the car. K just called and we're going to lunch. It's busy, but everything is coming together and thank God (I mean truly, really) I have such a great family, supportive husband, and one that can do all that domestic stuff so that I can leave Friday feeling assured it will get done. K is amazing. Baby, YOU'RE amazing! =)

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comment